How To Instantly Make Your Home Look Bigger
Our expert tips on making your home look bigger with one mirror and clever styling. Plus shop five more and how to win one of your very own!
Commonly used in classic New York loft style dwellings, large leaning mirrors are a huge trend. In fact, a well-placed mirror can make an entire room, and even a whole home feel bigger, brighter and lighter. And, given there's no need to put a hole in the wall, this look is fantastic for renters and interior committment-phobes alike!
The taller the better, a large leaning mirror gives off a casual elegance no matter the style of frame. Whilst historically great for determining who is the fairest of them all, in interiors, mirrors are space-making magic.
Interior Stylist Belinda Cendron from Sourceress The Store shares her top 5 tips for styling a large leaning mirror in your home. Plus we rounded up 5 more to buy now and give you the chance to win your very own!
WANT TO WIN THIS MIRROR?
Top 5 Expert Tips For Styling A Leaning Mirror
1. Place a mirror between two windows (like the image above) to give the illusion of another window in the middle and help maximise natural light. Or place the mirror across from a window to directly reflect the view and enhance the light.
2. Place a large leaning mirror in the living area. It will open up the room and if you're lucky reflect light and life outdoors. If you can place it somewhere it can catch a little light from a nearby window, it will amplify the natural light throughout your entire home.
3. A tall leaning mirror is fantastic in the bedroom - it opens it up and is especially great for checking out your bedroom - and daily outfit! - from all the important angles!
4. Strategically place a large leaning mirror near your entry. It's a nice alternative to sideboard or bulky piece of furniture and will also reflect the other parts of your home, making it appear warm and inviting. Of course it's also perfect for a final outfit check on the way out the door.
5. To maximise a great view or open space place a mirror in a position that reflects the outdoors, be it sunshine, water views or a pretty garden. Doing so will open up your home and make it feel larger and warmer.